SARTA's Proline service provides transportation to all passengers with ADA recognized disabilities. Transportation is countywide, in small buses, that are furnished with the staff and equipment necessary to transport disabled individuals to and from their end point. Unlike our fixed route services, these trips are scheduled in advance.
SARTA’s Paratransit Service (Proline) is not:
- A social service sponsored transportation program.
- For special event group trips.
- Designed to meet the needs of every disabled person, some people may require more service or assistance than SARTA’s Paratransit service can provide.
- For individuals who can use the regular SARTA fixed route buses but do not want to.
- A door to door service. Drivers may only escort passengers to and from outer doors of a building, upon request.
- Responsible for the custodial care of passengers.
- Capable of being a mobility aid for a passenger.
Utilizing our Proline Service for the first time can be overwhelming. SARTA has staff who will walk you through booking a trip so you can fully utilize our Proline service. If you are interested in training with one of our Outreach Specialists, call 1-855-887-2782. You can find out more information about our travel training program on the riding page of our website.
*The TTY (Text-Telephone Relay) System is perfect for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, or speech disabled. Use a TTY to type your conversation to a Communication Assistant (CA), who then reads the typed conversation to a standard telephone user at SARTA. The CA relays the hearing person’s spoken words by typing them back to the TTY user