Preventative COVID-19 Information
SARTA is taking the following initiatives regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic in Stark County:
- Sanitizing high touch areas at all Transit Centers and on ALL buses DAILY.
- Disenfecting all buses every night.
To Prevent and Help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid touchign your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough, or sneeze, with a tissue and discard immediately. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze in the crevice of your elbow.
- Respect personal space, and practive social distancing (4-6 feet)
- Avoid shaking hands. If you do, clean hands before touchign your face.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to teh restroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Effective March 16th, 2020, SARTA will no longer be collecting fares or selling fare media on all SARTA services. In addition, to encourage social distancing transit riders will need to board using the rear doors of the vehicle. These changes will be in effect until further notice
Update from CEO Kirt Conrad:
Additional Informational Links from the CDC: