Jump to content

Stark Area Regional Transit Authority

SARTA provides over 2.8 million rides a year in Stark County through Fixed Route, Proline and Medicaid Services.  Our goal is to ensure that Stark County residents including disabled individuals, seniors, veterans, commuters and students have access to a quality transportation system that is both reliable and affordable.

SARTA is funded by a one-quarter of one percent sales tax (.25 or 1/4%).  So, every time you purchase an item that has a sales tax, one-quarter of one percent is sent to SARTA. 

The sales tax revenue SARTA receives covers approximately 80% of our operating expenses.  The remaining 20% is funded from fares paid by the riders, SARTA's contracts (Contract Services) with various agencies and Federal, State or Local grants. 

Every five years SARTA must renew the one-quarter of one percent sales tax. Without the sales tax revenue, SARTA would not be able to provide quality, reliable transportation to Stark County residents.  


SARTA Stark Area Regional Transit Authority 1600 Gateway Blvd. SE, Canton, Ohio 44707 US Contact us by phone: 330-47-SARTA, 330-47-72782, Fax: 330-454-5476
All website content © Copyright 2017 Stark Area Regional Transit Authority. All rights reserved.