Lost & Found
If you left an item on the bus or at one of our transit centers, please call us at 330-477-2782. We will do our best to locate your lost item(s). SARTA is not responsible for items left onboard vehicles, at our transit centers or bus stops.
Items are held for a minimum of 7 days. Items with an estimated value of over $100, i.e. purses, wallets, cell phones, ID, mail, birth certificates, etc. will be held for a minimum of 14 days.
- Items that are considered lost when found on SARTA property:
- Must have an estimated value-including but not limited to the following:
- Electronic Equipment
- Must not have blood or other bodily fluids on them
- Must not have bugs
- Must not be unsanitary
- Must not be an item that is intended to be disposable or have no estimated value- including but not limited to the following:
- DOES NOT include items such as mail, birth certificates, social securitycard, car title, etc.
Please provide any of the following, to assist us in locating your item(s):
- Route number
- Bus number
- Transit Center
- Time of day when the items was lost
- Description of the item(s) that were lost
If the item(s) are turned into the driver, they will be sent to the closest Transit Center. If the Massillon, Belden Village or the Phyllis Beyers Transit Centers are closed the item(s) will be taken to our Cornerstone Transit Center within two (2) business days. Wallets, identification cards, and any other item with significant monetary value will be sent to our main offices where they are held for safekeeping for 30 days.
We do our best to return lost item(s) to the rightful owner; however, we are not always able to locate lost items. All lost and found items are held for one week. After one week most items are either donated or discarded. To claim a lost item, please be prepared to:
Provide an accurate description of the item(s)
- The location where the item(s) were lost
- Date/time item(s) were lost