Wayne County Transit (WCT)
WELCOME ABOARD WAYNE COUNTY TRANSIT
Work, school, shopping, medical appointments, the library, the Courthouse, Wooster to Orrville, West Salem to West Lebanon and all points in between, Wayne County Transit is the safe, convenient, affordable way to travel to and from anywhere in Wayne County.
WCT provides curb-to-curb shared ride public transit service Monday through Saturday from 6:00 A.M. to midnight for the low fare of just $2.50 per trip.
Scheduling a Ride on WCT is a breeze …
All rides on WCT must be scheduled at least three to four days before the day of travel. To reserve a ride, call SARTA at 833-517-2667 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
ABOUT WAYNE COUNTY TRANSIT
Wayne County Transit (WCT) is operated by Community Action of Wayne/Medina (CAW/M) and the Stark Area Regional Transit Authority (SARTA). WCT is funded by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT), and local contracts.
CAWM Mission Statement:
We strengthen the community through collaborations and services by promoting self-sufficiency, household stability and family and childhood education.
SARTA Mission Statement:
SARTA is committed to enhancing the quality of life for our community by providing efficient, affordable, and sustainable mobility options for people residing in our service area.
Days/hours of operation
WCT provides countywide service Monday through Saturday from 6:00 AM to Midnight. The earliest drop off is 6:30 AM, latest pickup is Midnight. WCT does not operate on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, July 4 Memorial Day, or Labor Day.
WCT’s per trip fare is $2.50 and must be paid when boarding the vehicle with EXACT CHANGE or SARTA’s free EZFare mobile ticketing smartphone app which is available for download at https://www.sartaonline.com/ez-fare.
To ensure that WCT can meet the demand for transportation and not waste time or resources all users should become familiar with and abide by the system’s cancellation policy:
Advance cancellations are required
We require and encourage passengers to cancel rides as far in advance as possible, but no later than 90 minutes (1.5 hours) before the scheduled pickup window.
Cancelling a Trip
We know that life happens and plans change so WCT makes it easy to cancel a scheduled trip. Simply call SARTA’s Priority Care Line at 330-455-2292 anytime between the hours of 5:oo AM and 1 :30 AM. Select Option 1 when prompted and tell the Reservationist you need to cancel a scheduled trip. Passengers may either hold or enter a call back number if a reservationist is not available. Cancellation calls will be returned as quickly as possible.
Avoid late and “at the door” cancellations
Trips not canceled at least 90 minutes before the pickup window will be considered late cancellations.
Trips canceled when the driver arrives at the pickup point within the 30-minute window will be considered “canceled at the door.”
“No shows” are strongly discouraged
Scheduled trips not taken due to passenger error or circumstance are considered to be “no shows”. All other trips the passenger has scheduled for that day will be canceled automatically. Riders who No Show three times within a 30-day period may be suspended from the WCT program for 30 days.
Passengers who do not utilize a scheduled ride because the driver arrived after the pickup window will not be considered no shows.
Passenger responsibility to reschedule trips
Passengers who late cancel, cancel-at-the-door, no show, or do not ride because the driver arrived after the pickup window must contact a SARTA reservationist to confirm or cancel other rides that may be scheduled for that day.
Safety Rules and Guidelines
For the safety and security of SARTA Operators and other riders, please be courteous and abide by these guidelines:
- Do not talk to the operator while the vehicle is in motion.
- Do not harass other passengers or SARTA employees.
- Keep belongings with you at all times.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Fold and securely store strollers.
- Small children must remain in a carrier/car seat while on the bus and held securely by an accompanying adult.
- Please use headphones when listening to music.
- Do not use profanity.
- Speak softly.
- Do not use speakerphone when talking on your cell phone.
- Health related open sores and wounds must be properly covered.
- Potential biohazards must be secured properly.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Do not board the vehicle if you are impaired due to the use of alcohol or illicit drugs.
- Do not smoke or use e-cigarettes or other vaping devices while riding.
- Consumption of alcohol and the possession and/or consumption of illegal substances is prohibited.
- Do not transport flammable, explosive or hazardous materials on SARTA vehicles.
- Possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon is prohibited.
- Do not litter or leave trash on the bus.
- Causing damage to SARTA vehicles is prohibited.
Individuals who violate these rules may be removed, barred or banned from any SARTA vehicles, property, or facilities and fined or imprisoned as outlined in Ohio Revised Code 306.99. All SARTA vehicles and facilities are monitored by video and audio surveillance.