Changes Coming to Some SARTA Routes
CANTON The Stark Area Regional Transit Authority (SARTA) will implement changes to Routes 101, 103, 106, 120S, 121 and 139 on Sunday
New schedules and detailed information about the revised routes will be available at SARTA’s four transit centers and www.SARTAonline.com.
Some of the changes include:
- Route 45 Belden Village/Stark State College - (Formerly known as the 120S) renamed as a result of changes in SARTA’s PinPoint app and it now only recognizes one of the routes and not splitting the weekday route from the weekend route.
- Route 139 Downtown Canton, Louisville and Alliance - This route will swap the inbound route from Mahoning Road NE and Harrisburg Avenue NE to Cornerstone with the 101.The following stops now be serviced by the 139: 5039, 5040, 5041, 5042, 5043, 5044, 5045, 5046, 5047 and 5048.
- Route 101 Downtown Canton/Route 62 - The route will swap the inbound route from Mahoning Road NE and Harrisburg Ave NE to Cornerstone with the 139. The following stops now be serviced by the 101: 6527, 6528, 6529, 6530, 6531, 6532, 6533, 6534, 6535, 6536 and 5466.
- Route 103 Downtown Canton/Plain Township - The changes now provide services to some apartments located on Edelweiss Street and no longer provide service within Oakwood Square.
- Route 106 Downtown Canton, Aultman, Meyers Lake Plaza, Belden Village and Route 121 Whipple, Belden Village, The Strip - Due to changes in the construction, SARTA is able to return the routes to their former patterns. Riders no longer will need to change buses on Whipple to go to the Belden Village Transit Center.
Published: Friday, November 16, 2018