Bike and Ride
Every SARTA bus has two (2) bike racks located on the front of the bus. Bike racks are free to use and are a first come first use basis. Using the bike racks are easy as 1, 2, 3.
Step 1: Get Ready
Remove all loose and personal items off your bike so they do not fall off your bike.
Step 2: Signal the Driver
Make sure the driver know you wish to load your bike. When the bus comes to a complete stop, you can load your bike. For safety, always load your bike from the curbside of the bus.
Step 3: Lock and Board the bus
- Squeeze the handle on the bike rack to release the latch and lower the rack.
- Lift your bike onto the rack and position the bike into the rack's wheel wells. Make sure the front tire is on the same end as the support arm.
- Raise and pull the support arm up and over the bike's front tire to secure it to the rack.
Unloading your bike is as easy as loading it...
Step 1: Remind the Driver
When you are close to your stop, remind the bus driver that you need to unload your bike.
Step 2: Release and Go
- Raise the support arm off the front tire and lower it out of the way.
- Lift your bike out of the rack. If yours is the only one on the rack, return the rack to the upright and locked position.
- Signal the bus driver that you have removed your bike.
All bikes are mounted at the riders own risk, SARTA is not responsible for theft or damage while the bike is on the rack.