SARTA CEO Kirt Conrad announced today that SARTA will combine and reduce the frequency of a number of the system’s fixed routes beginning Monday, April 13th, 2020. The changes are being made in conjunction with SARTA’s ongoing effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Stark County. Updated timetables and maps for the combined routes may be found at https://www.sartaonline.com/schedules
In addition, SARTA’s Proline curb-to-curb service and new Success Express Employment Loops will continue to provide rides for purposes deemed essential under Governor DeWine’s executive orders.
The following routes are effected by the changes:
- 101/111 – Harmont Ave and Walmart on Rt. 62 will begin OUTBOUND from Cornerstone as the 111. Once the route reaches the Walmart on RTE 62, it will return INBOUND to Cornerstone as the 101.
- 102/122-Canton Massillon Connector and Oberlin Industrial Park will begin OUTBOUND from Cornerstone as the 102. Once the route arrives at the Massillon Transit Center it will run the 122 route and then return on the 102 INBOUND to Cornerstone.
- 102/122 Canton Massillon Connector and Oberlin Industrial Park will have reduced frequency, please see updated time tables for more information.
- 103/108-Plain Township and Washington Square will begin OUTBOUND on the 103 towards Plain Township and return INBOUND on the 108 through Washington Square.
- 110/114 – Sherrick Warner and Southgate Plaza will be serviced by one bus that will run the 110, return to Cornerstone, run the 114 and continue all day.
- 112 - Hartville and 120 – Stark State and Belden Village will be replaced DAILY with the Rt. 45 - Belden Village and North Canton. The 45 will run normal schedule, Monday through Saturday.
- 118/128- Menards and Sterilite will begin OUTBOUND from Cornerstone as the 118. Once the route reaches Sterilite, it will continue as the 128 to the Massillon Transit Center. It will leave the Massillon Transit Center as the 128 and once it reaches Sterilite, it will be INBOUND to Cornerstone as the 118.
- 130/131/132 – Alliance will be condensed into ONE Alliance route that will run all three routes continuously while returning to Phyllis Beyers Alliance Transit Center. This change will make this a 90-minute route.
- 139- Canton Alliance Connector will have reduced frequency, please see updated time tables for more information.
- 4 – Cleveland is only making two trips per day. It will abide by the recent changes that include travel to and from the Wade Park, Cleveland VA Hospital ONLY. Riders utilizing the route to and from the hospital ONLY will need to be on the list from the VSC that is provided to SARTA daily.
- 81 will have less frequency, it will run every two hours instead of every hour.
SARTA is asking riders to make sure they are on the correct side of the street for their stop as some stops will not be served by the combined routes.
Effective March 16th, 2020, SARTA will no longer be collecting fares or selling fare media on all SARTA services. In addition, to encourage social distancing transit riders will need to board using the rear doors of the vehicle. These changes will be in effect until further notice